Saturday, March 11, 2006

Knit three together...

I finished the back of my tanktop Thursday evening!

I can't believe it's coming together so quickly. I'm so excited to finish that piece...I wish I had a digital camera to show proof. (maybe soon - check back for a photo update) I just hope the front piece matches it. I did have to fix the pattern to make it work out, but I'm pretty good with numbers so it wasn't a big problem.

That's the kind of knitter I am, I guess. I like thinking mathematically and spacially, and playing with numbers has been known to make me giddy at times. [I can lose HOURS doing sudoku, kakuro and my newest obsession...hashiwokakero] and one of the things that keeps me coming back to knitting is seeing how the patterns come together, and realizing how a purl stitch is just a reversed knit stitch.

How amazing is it that people discovered how to turn a sock heel? When I made socks last year I watched almost in awe as the heel appeared, almost on its own. And to think that people all over the world figured it out independantly. Wow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Twiss And Weber said...

Welcome to the great world of blog.

Great posts. I look forward to reading you...

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

National Capital Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next