Sunday, June 25, 2006

Wall of Yarn - sneak preview

It seems that a few Wall of Yarn squares have made public appearances before the grand opening of the eagerly-awaited exhibit. While exploring online I saw Marianne's undersea adventure and Mummy Jo's celery floral both peeking out at the world. A quick google search led me to Dacia Ray's hand painted polka-dot square and shoofly's felted kitty-tag. My entry was sent in a panic before I knew of the deadline extension (thank goodness for extended deadlines!) but I did manage to take a couple of photos before it left on its grand adventure:

fuzzy overview for fuzzy yarn

stitching details
I used a concept from Debbie New's swatchless dishcloth vest, starting at a corner and using yarn over increases which create a lovely loopy edge. I wasn't quite sure how to decrease and maintain that edging (although I have an idea now!) so I cast off at my centre point, started another and grafted the two triangles together. I love grafting! Further inspired by Debbie New's Unexpected Knitting I wondered what would happen if I slid my needle through some stitches and started knitting. Well, this happened...and I love the result.

best view of my 3D knit embellishments and the true colour

I can't wait until the exhibit opens later this week!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anthony said...

Thankss for a great read

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

National Capital Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next