Sunday, January 21, 2007

Needful Fetching

The lovely Lauren, who always greets me with a smile at the Ottawa School of Art, loved the fingerless mitts I made for myself this Fall. She asked for a pair in green. After searching for a variegated green yarn in a natural fibre I finally decided on Needful Yarns "Joy", a vibrant, soft merino in orange, tan and green. What beautiful yarn to work with! Sadly, there was only about an inch worth of green showing in the mitt. What's worse is that the ball of 78 yards was just enough to finish the mitts, save an inch and a half and two thumbs.

When I went out to pick up the second ball of yarn I was thrilled to find a variegated green in the same yarn. I bought it right away and finished both pairs in record time. Fetching is such a fun pattern, and so quick! I like these ones even better than my originals. I think I might just keep those vivid orange/fuschia ones for myself.

( Action Shot!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

National Capital Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next