Monday, April 16, 2007

This is me

( Photo courtesy of Kitchissippi Times & Mark Sutcliffe)
--
as featured in the Kitchissippi Times' PageTurner column penned by Lesley Buxton. The column showcases local peoples' reading recommendations for various topics and mine was...of course you guessed it - knitting! From what I understand my suggestions were different than previous columns since I suggested a lot of online sources including knit and tonic, Samurai Knitter, Yarn Harlot, Knitty & MagKnits.
--
Where would knitting be now without the Internet? These knitting writers (writing knitters?) and so many others are keeping the community buzzing. They are publishing books, creating patterns and inspiring others to create, to share and even just to learn to knit! The community is great, caring and growing.
--
Just a quick FYI - Lesley is the reason I started to knit again and for that alone she will always be one of my favourite people in the world.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

Well hello! That'a great photo, and good knitting too. I was thinking Kitchissippi had something to do with kitsch, but not so!

7:04 PM  
Blogger vardakeerutaja said...

Greetings from Estonia!
Just got your package. Thank you!
(We don't have "Bernat" yarns around here, so it's nice new acquaintance. And that's exactly, why I love those swaps.)

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

National Capital Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next