Monday, February 12, 2007

Something New

I'm taking a couple weeks off work (both for a break and to re-evaluate my life...namely my working life) and I decided to buy myself a gift to mark the occasion:

I've had my eye on this book for awhile and the hooks? well, I figured they were good sizes to learn with (5 - 6mm) and they're bright & fun!



My first wobbly attempt:


I cast on (chained?) 14 stitches, but had anywhere from 12 to 16 stiches on the hook at any one time. I started with single, half-double & double crochet stitches. I (obviously) have to work on my tension, and figuring out where to stick that tricky hook! I also have to work on how I hold the yarn , etc. while crocheting. It really doesn't feel natural to me to have that finger sticking up. I'm sure it will take some time but I'll also try out some different stances.

#2
This is much better, much more even, although probably too tight. At least it looks good!

More knitting content next time!

4 Comments:

Blogger Twiss And Weber said...

You are a natural. You'll feel it when it happens, the tension, the holding of the yarn all in your left hand no doubt. Have a lovely time this week! Are you going to go skating on the big skating rink in your back yard (the canal)?

7:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What direction are you considering? That is, what sort of career possibilities interest you? What sort of work would you enjoy doing?

12:53 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

ha, my crochet is wobbly too!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

And good luck with the life plan re-thinking!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

National Capital Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next