Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Obsess Much?

I finally received the Hashiwokakero puzzle book I ordered from Japan last month! I had to pry the envelope out of my mailbox but it was SO worth it! A hundred puzzles, easy-medium-hard, HOURS of fun for me. [I'm such a geek it almost makes me sick] :)

Somehow, roaming through the land of blog, I stumbled into the world of swapping. (NO, not that kind of swapping!) People are creating postal swaps that anyone can sign up for and it's geared to crafters, bloggers and community-creating folks. Anything from mixed CD's to handmade stationary to knits to leftover yarn! What a wonderful idea. I have since started checking Swap-Bot more than daily to check out the new swaps, and consider which swaps I'd like to be involved with and which ones I can afford right now. I haven't even fully participated in a swap and I'm hooked! Tomorrow I get my first address for the leftover yarn swap. I can't wait!

And Threadbared, ah sweet Threadbared. [If you haven't already discovered their site you really, really, really need to check out their site!] Not only do I hook into that site daily (well...twice a week anyway...maybe I'm getting better!) BUT today I found a pattern while thriftshopping that they need to review. So I bought it. Hopefully I can get it to them somehow. Stay tuned!

2 Comments:

Blogger Montreal Mama said...

I am glad you like Swap-bot! I'm the Coordinator for the Yarn Swap! I hope you enjoy swapping! Just wanted to say hello from another fellow Canadian!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i just started swapping recently as well, i love it. i think it is so fun...especially selecting and creating the items i will send.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

National Capital Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next