Monday, October 02, 2006

Knit-It September 21, 2006

Knit It - an artpiece about caring and compassion: Ottawa edition attracted about 18 well-dressed knitters on the cool September day. We gathered under 'Maman' at the National Gallery of Canada and generated a lot of interest from passers-by.
After a half hour the Gallery officials took pity on us and invited us indoors.
The marvelous Tania organized and photographed the Ottawa event.

Here I am (with Miss Twiss).

[My eyes always look closed in knitting action shots - I guess it proves I'm really knitting!]

3 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

Aww dang, that's so awesome! I don't think there's one of those in Toronto yet. I was in Ottawa in February and visited the Maman spider in the snow.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Twiss And Weber said...

those photos are great. I'm so happy to came this year. Every 6 months you know. We've got quite the portefolio of pictures on the Knit-It website!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shots! Ottawa is so beautiful. I would love to go back during some outdoor knitting action. My memories of Ottawa involve stapling a dress together in the car on the way to a wedding.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

National Capital Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next