Thursday, February 25, 2010

Good for what ails you

After a few months of actually trying to finish my swapped afghan I have been aching to just sit down and knit something. I've been edging (in crochet) all those squares with a navy yarn before seaming to give the afghan a stained glass kind of look. I'm closing in on the end but it just feels like it will never be over! I really want to finish it soon so I haven't made much effort to find a knitting project to work on.

Last Friday I found out that I was missing a knit-night at the local Bridgehead. I got myself together and went out for a few hours. What I didn't know was that they were doing a destashing knit night. Well, absolutely unprepared for this turn of events I came home with about two bags of other peoples' previously loved yarn! I certainly don't need any more yarn; in a couple of years I'm sure I could set up my own shop. I just wasn't mentally prepared to resist the option of free yarn...free wool yarn at that!

My yearning to knit coupled with the unexpected windfall conspired to rewrite my weekend. I immediately put the new yarn to use. I started with three balls of Filatura di Crosa Magico. The yarn has a lot of character and the colours are gorgeous. I didn't do anything fancy with the pattern, just garter stitch with the occasional row of double-wrap thrown in. The yarn can just sing on its own. Three balls and a couple of movies over the weekend and I came up with my new favourite scarf. Aren't knit-nights wonderful?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

National Capital Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next