Sunday, March 22, 2009

Master Peso

Behold my most recent masterpiece! I made it for my mother's birthday last year.


It took patience, determination, and a very small hook. Each rose and leaf took about twenty minutes to finish, and each swirl took about a half hour.



I learned a lot from making it and I was so thrilled with the result I had trouble actually parting with it. I just wanted to keep it with me and show it to everyone I met up with and say, "look what I made!"

My mother loves it. Her initial response to it? "I didn't know you had doilies in you!"

Surprises all around.

5 Comments:

Blogger Twiss And Weber said...

You sure have doilies in you! Beautiful work!

Here is something for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgEOKs0ReIg

have fun(muah!)

Laura

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Cateling said...

Wow, that is amazing!! You did a great job!

12:03 AM  
Blogger Felicity said...

Very, very nice! I'm sure your mother loved it. Give her my love and tell her I just received her last letter. Holidays have begun, so now I have time to sit and write.

1:45 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

Wow, it is truly beautiful!

2:24 PM  
Blogger crocheteer said...

How loevely, u did a great job. I made this one three times now and only the last worked out somehow.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

National Capital Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next