Sunday, March 02, 2008

from the archives...


The Yarn Harlot's "Unoriginal Hat" - I made this last November, started just after Stephanie blogged about it and added it to Ravelry right away. I remember being shocked about how many people had already started or queued it within days of it being posted. I had planned to write an insightful post about the Internet, blogs, Ravelry & the scope of the online knitting community, but then...life took over I guess.
The hat was a quick knit & I love the colours! (the real reason I made this hat is just to use Moda Dea's Tweedle Dee yarn) It's a touch small though. That's only fair - I didn't swatch. I'll try it a couple times more and then probably pass it along to some deserving person with a smaller head. It was fun though!

3 Comments:

Blogger Leanne said...

The hat looks great! Maybe it will stretch a bit when it's worn. I never swatch hats either, but I have been known to rip them out and re-do. Especially when it's something I want to keep for myself.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

"queued" lol It's very pretty! I really like the cable pattern on it.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

Hats! I gave up on them and got a coat with a cosy hood instead, but EVERYONE ELSE looks cute in hats. I look like a baby in a bonnet because I have a round face.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

National Capital Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next