Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Charity Knitting

I learned how to fold origami cranes when I was in public school. I caught on well, still enjoy doing it, and have made possibly hundreds of cranes over the years.
Now I knit one:
I've been wanting to make this pattern for a couple of years now, and finally I had the right occasion and the time to do it. At least, I thought this the first time I had the time BUT it took ALMOST NO TIME! It knits up in about an hour & the felting is fun, and can be done over a few days, so it really isn't time intensive at all.
How perfect. Easy & quick to do, and just in time for my Haiku Conference.

It was a hit! I may make this a tradition.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so cute!
I love origami!
Jinx

3:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Elaine said...

Wow - that's lovely!!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I don't know if you got my message on Ravelry, but did you still want to get together this week or next week? Let me know ^_^ I'm free all week. Are you coming to Knit in Public day at Major's Hill Park?

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

National Capital Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next