Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Balance

I bought the summer issue of Interweave Knits today. (It comes out May 16th...guess i'm ahead of my time!) I couldn't help it with all the talk of lace knitting I had to make it mine. It seems everyone is talking about lace knitting and knitted lace - maybe I'm just their ideal pawn falling in to the next knitting craze. What's next? Knitting with dandylion fluff? I'll be all over it!

Speaking of lace, now that I've finished the practice socks/Mother's Day gift for my mom I can turn my attention to these socks. I started them last night and just got to the lace part but the combination of my halfhearted attempt to follow a movie and my boyfriend's wholehearted attempt to nap during the movie (& use me as his pillow) caused me to miss the start of a round. Rather then try to tink my way back through a lace pattern I decided to just frog it. It was only 15 rounds; no great loss. It always upsets my boyfriend more than me anyway. Oh! I'm using Lanett Superwash, a lovely spring green merino wool, for these socks. Decadence.

And for those times when I absolutely have to serve as a pillow or pay attention to the tv I picked up 14 balls of Topacio Valeria di Roma in a cool turquoise to make a baby blanket for my friend's impending little one. It will be done in basket weave with a border loosely based on a pattern I found in last Fall's Knit It! magazine.

Ah, the perfect combination of projects - one complex, one meditative, one for the love of pattern, one for the love of a person. Now if only my life were so balanced.

2 Comments:

Blogger Twiss And Weber said...

There you are! It's been awhile since we've seen eachother. My class is almost over and I've got a goooood mark! Hope to see you soon.

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been knitting and crocheting for 25 + years and this is the first time I have actually come across definition for "frogging"!So that's what I've been doing all this time!

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

National Capital Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next