Saturday, May 03, 2008

project serial monogamy

After my flurry of starting things I decided I needed to complete something. The constant starting was getting ridiculous so I vowed to work only on one project at a time. And look what happened...I finished something! This is the Crochet Bag pattern that is on the ballband of the new Bernat Handicrafter Cotton Stripes. I made the bag mostly because I really like the colourways in this yarn and needed an excuse to use it. I love how it turned out. I did the handles in knit i-cord mostly because the crochet handle written in the pattern seemed tedious and i-cord just flies by.

Oh! and I now have a grommet tool. It's really easy to use (as long as you don't use it on the carpet) and the effect is great. I'm trying to decide now what else I can grommet. This could become a compulsion - grommets are tres cool.
The next thing for my serial monogamy list is the crochet basket I wanted to make for Mother's Day but I'm really not sure I'll get it done in time. (it's ok...I already have another gift for her!) I may start on a knit origami crane or two for my upcoming Haiku Canada conference...or maybe I'll get back to Camisa. Whatever it is - I'll definitely want to put grommets in it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Ooooh see? You're jealous of my scale, and now I'm jealous of your grommet tool!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

National Capital Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next