Sunday, October 29, 2006

A Tale of Three Evenings

I found this nameless lilac & fuschia bumpy yarn at Knit Knackers a few months back, figured it would end up as a scarf but had no real plan for it. I needed an instant gratification project and with October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month I thought it would be appropriate to make a scarf with this yarn. After one ball it was only about a foot long - I didn't have enough to make the scarf I was hoping for so I went stash-diving and came up with nothing that matched but three different yarns that create an interesting contrast when knit together.

I love how it turned out! I want to wear it all the time. I might even go back to those three balls of yarn again to make a matching hat or headband!



(oh - and I decided to be responsible with my time and not partake in the wisdom of Bliss. The lovely Twiss will be there and I'm sure she will share any secrets I need to know!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

National Capital Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next